Six Foot Track Marathon - Entry Criteria
We have adjusted the entry criteria for the 2013 event. Please see here for more info.
1 - Minimum age of 18 years on race day AND
2 - Run faster than the qualifying time at one of our qualifying races since the 1st December 2011
Qualifying races with times are :
- Any 42.2km road marathon under 4:20
- Any Ironman-distance Triathlon run leg under 5:00
- NSW: Jan: Narrabeen All Nighter Ultra (42.2km) under 4:20, (50km) under 5:15, (100km) under 11:00 [website]
- NSW: Mar:Six Foot Track Marathon under 7:00
- NSW: May:The North Face (100km) under 21:00 [website]
- NSW: Jun:The Glow Worm Tunnel Marathon (42.2km)under 7:00 [website]
- NSW: Aug: Mt Wilson to Bilpin run (35km) under 4:05 [website]
- NSW: Aug: Sydney Trailwalker (100km) under 24:00 [website]
- NSW: Aug: Mt Solitary Ultra (45km) under 8:00 [website]
- NSW: Sep: Coastal Classic (29km) under 4:15 [website]
- NSW: Sep: Centennial Park Ultra (42.2km) under 4:20, (50km) under 5:15, (100km) under 11:00 [website]
- NSW: Oct: Fitzroy Falls Firetrails Marathon (42.2km) under 5:00 [website]
- NSW: Oct: Kanangra Trail Ultra (50km) under 7:00 [website]
- NSW: Nov: Glenbrook Trail (Ultra) Marathon (42+km) under 6:00 [website]
- NSW: Nov: Carcoar Cup Marathon (42.2km) under 5:00 [website]
- ACT: Feb: Lightning Strike (30km), Stromlo Running Festival under 3:30 [website]
- ACT: Nov: Deep Space Marathon (44km) under 5:30 [website]
- QLD: Apr: Wildhorse Criterium (53km) under 6:30, or (32km) under 4:00 [website]
- QLD: May: Mt Mee Marathon (42.2km) under 5:15 [website]
- QLD: Jun: Brisbane Trailwalker (100km) under 22:00 [website]
- SA: Oct: Sea 2 Summit (32km) under 4:30 [website]
- SA: Oct: Yurrebilla (56km) under 8:45 [website]
- VIC: Jan: Two Bays (28km) under 3:40, or the (56km) under 8:00 [website]
- VIC: Jan: First half of Bogong to Hotham run (33km) under 7:00 [website]
- VIC: Apr: Melbourne Trailwalker (100km) under 21:00 [website]
- WA: Dec: Six Inch Trail (46km) under 6:00 [website]
- OVERSEAS:Reputable overseas ultra marathons, with qualification (e.g. Kepler, Comrades, etc.) under race cut-off.
- The entry form will ask you to list one qualifying event, the date of the event, it's distance and the time you finished. The onus is on you to list an event with the results on the race website so we can check (or email us your certificate if requested - if you have no proof then we may reject you). If you have multiple qualifying events, just pick your best effort and one that clearly makes the above criteria.
- If you are a previous Six Foot finisher, normally we just take your best Six Foot Finish time from the last years. If you run a faster qualifier elsewhere then we will use your fastest qualifier ie same rules as Novices.
- If you are entering before you have a qualifier, you will be asked to tick the box that says "Not qualified". Note if you do not provide a suitable qualifier by 17th Jan 2013 your entry will not be accepted and you will forfeit a refund penalty (as per schedule), so you need to serious that you will be able to gain a qualifier. Sob Stories not accepted eg "I was going to run the xxx race but it was cancelled due to bushfires or I was sick that day. etc.
- The entry criteria is really a guide to help YOU, not for us to make the race "elite". The race is actually longer (at 45km) and hillier than a standard marathon, and its often hot on race day, so is not suitable for a person's first ever marathon. It is roughly the equivalent of a 60km road race. We want to discourage runners with no proven race history that might get into difficulties - we have had no fatalities in the history of the event, and would prefer to keep it that way !