Travel & Accomodation
The race starts at Katoomba and finishes at Jenolan Caves. See both places on a map in relation to Sydney. Katoomba is 110km west of Sydney, due inland, and can be easily reached by the Great Western Highway taking approx 90mins by car from Sydney, or by Train (2hrs from Central to Katoomba direct). Jenolan Caves is often described as very beautiful and close to the middle of the Blue Mountains ie it is very remote and take a further 90mins to drive from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves. There is no reliable public bus nor train service from Sydney or Katoomba to Jenolan Caves.
In general the main accomodation options for race weekend are :
- Stay in Jenolan Caves - drive there by yourself, catch race bus to start, run to finish, stay at hotel, drive home on Sunday.
- Stay in Katoomba - Get there by yourself, catch race shuttle bus to start, run to finish, catch race bus back to Katoomba.
- Other people more familiar with the area may stay at other places eg Blackheath, Leura, Mt Victoria, Medlow Bath etc and make other travel arrangements.
The Six Foot Track Marathon is kindly sponsored by Jenolan Caves Resort at Jenolan Caves and as the official race hotel we greatly encourage all runners to stay here. Not only do they provide their premises for the finish, and showers for 500 sweaty runners, but they provide prizes for the winners and race packages for the weekend.
- Weekend Packages available.
- Pasta Night on Friday.
- plus early breakfast Saturday.
- Bus from Caves House to Start of Marathon
The race hotel - what's on offer, how much & how to book -- extract from Race Information Book : Race Weekend Accomodation at Caves House.
- Blue Mountains Accomodation website
- The Peak at Kanimbla
- Flying Fox Backpackers
- No14 Guesthouse
- Central Blue Mts Backpackers
- Hampton HalfWay House - Caves Road, Hampton Tel (02) 6359-3302.
The race is very lucky to have Travelling Fit as our travel agent. They are organised to help runners primary coming from outside the Sydney area to make the best choices for travel and accomodation.
Feel free to contact Mari-Mar, to assist you. Mari-Mar is not only highly travelled herself, but she has also competed in the Six Foot Track Marathon previously.